Every wanted to explore the sandy beaches of Mombasa? or simply enjoy a moment away from your busy lifestyle? here are some amazing tips on how to make it in Mombasa as a tourist.
- Always use Uber In the coast there a lot of rogue Taxi Operators that are aiming at making the most out of conning tourist who are not adversant with the current rates. So it is essentials to call in an Uber for all your travelling needs as it is standard for all users.
- Tuks Tuks are always ksh 50 no in the city no matter the destination Always be careful to ensure your not conned into paying more
- Always Use Jambo Jet or Book via Trip Advisor if you don’t have an agent. It is essential to book online and preferably look for your flights at http://www.jambojet.co.ke or http://www.tripadvisor.com to get the cheapest flights available.
- Always book online For your hotel booking I suggest using booking websites as opposed to booking directly from the hotel. This is simply due to the fact that you want to get all the best deals first. so I suggest using http://www.booking.com, http://www.jumiatravel.com or http://www.tripadvisor.com . Compare and contrast the prices and choose the cheapest as they tend to almost always have the same hotel list. Suggestions: Pride inn Nyali prices begin at ksh 4000 a night , walking distance to city mall and 200km to nakumatt Nyali . Voyager Hotel prices from ksh 11,000
- Explore the local restaurants over room service Galaxy chinese resturant lighthouse mombasa Mombasa has a lot of hotels to offer that have in restaurants the problem with this is the foods come at a rather high price. So if you have the chance walk around the town and explore some of the local restaurant . Suggestions: i) Galaxy Chinese Restaurant on Lighthouse 200 meters from the town and 3 km from Nyali it has the best menus together with a waterfront view that is simply magnificent. ii) Pablo’s Pizza Located in north coast it simply has the best assortment of Italian pizzas and a wide array of exquisite Italian dishes.
There also popular chains like Java House and 10th street located in different places within the city.
- Be careful with your items at public beaches The public beaches are filled with local tradesmen and at the same time peddlers and thief looking to steal from the locals. So do not be fooled by the looks and always be on the look out.
If your looking for a nice place to lay low then there a few options for you like the wide array of casinos and pubs like Bobs which is quite low key until midnight. If clubbing is your fort then you can visit clubs such as Cassablanca and Belavista in the city center but keep an eye out for prostitutes and thieves as clubs tend to be filled with them. Another great destination is Zodiac and Hypnotica in the North Coast. Located in city mall. It certainly more classy and prettier than Casablanca or Belavista.
Mombasa is filled with several shopping malls starting with City mall and Nakumatt Nyali among others. So don’t be scared of shopping as he people are not only honest but eager to help.